All refurbished body armour promoted by Protective Armour Products meets the following criteria:
- Recovered from existing clients.
- Has been produced by our company so we understand the materials used.
- Has undergone performance batch testing to give its current performance rating.
- Fully inspected by our skilled employees before being re-packaged and sold to customers.
- Comes with a five year warranty from date of supply.
- Covered by £5,000,000 of product liability insurance including efficacy.
Body Armour can degrade over time depending on how it has been used and maintained so it is vitally important that it is inspected fully prior to it being re-sold so that a current performance standard can be determined. Relying on what the original manufacturers label says is not recommended and a series of destructive tests on armour batches should be undertaken.
When purchasing any refurbished body armour or stab vest we would recommend that you ask for the following to ensure you are getting a safe and reliable vest:
- Written confirmation of warranty (usually five years from date of sale).
- Copy of companies Product Liability Insurance which will cover you if the product fails to perform to the standard for which it is sold. All reputable body armour companies should have this policy but many don't.
- Test reports to demonstrate that the armour has been tested to a relevant standard.
- Copy of companies ISO 9001:2008 certification and scope to ensure you are dealing with a reputable company with a certified quality system.
At Protective Armour Products we feel there is a demand in the market for refurbished body armour with its environmental and cost benefits. However, we also feel strongly that customers need to make sure they are buying a safe product from a reputable company as one day your body armour vest may be put to the test.